Thursday, May 7, 2009

In all the land

were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren. ~~~ Job 42:15

Nearly 25 years ago I was initiated into the International Order of Jobs Daughters (now known as Jobs Daughters International). A girls' organization for young ladies 11-20 (now girls 10-20 can join) who are related to Master Masons (I'm sure you've heard of Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children right?!?!?) in good standing, or who are daughters of a Majority Member of Jobs Daughters. I honestly didn't even know what Jobs Daughters was at this time...it was just something my mom made me do because she thought I'd be good at it. Shortly after I turned eleven I was initiated and I got HOOKED immediately.

Soon I was "the Jobie"....that near photographic memory I have allowed me to master every part I was ever asked to serve in my Bethel, along with some of those I wanted to do and didn't; I set my sites on the Honored Queen position from the beginning! Now, not because I was girlie and she gets to wear a crown, but simply because she is THE BOSS in the Bethel and I've been known to be a little bossy in my life. I never did get that chance because life held other plans; however, I rediscovered my love for my Masonic bodies a few years ago, joining Amaranth and having Mini1 initiated into Jobs Daughters. Life is taking Mini1 away from this amazing organization but I am returning to it once again...last night I had to put my neurotic/tired behind to bed because I drove 180 miles round trip to watch Mini2 get initiated into this beloved order I have cherished since having joined it myself so many years ago.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. They were taken with Pinky, my new camera, on the low light setting...still need to figure out how to eliminate the red eye with this setting but...







No comments: